What We Do
With ideal growing conditions—rich volcanic soil covered by the perfect ratio of sun to rain—it is no surprise that the avocado originated in Mexico more than 10,000 years ago. The state of Michoacán produces smooth, creamy Hass avocados year round—the only location in the world where a combination of elevation and multiple blooms allow year-round harvesting.
Avocado Growing Regions
Stages of Avocado Ripeness
- Fruit pressure above measurability by a penetrometer.
- Very hard fruit; usually green in color.
- Read-to-eat in about 3 days if held at room temperature
- Slight give to the fruit. Ready-to-eat in approximately 2 days if held at room temperature.
- Yields or easily yields to gentle pressure. Good for slicing and all uses. Fully ripe within a day.
Fruit Sizes — PLU Classifications
|36 count||10.7 oz||4770|
|40 count||10.0 oz||4225|
|48 count||7.7 oz||4225|
|60 count||5.9 oz||4046|
|70 count||5.0 oz||4046|
|84 count||3.7 oz||4046|